Moms are some of the busiest people that we have ever seen come into a dental office. Why is this? They are not only helping with the kids, they are concerned about the home, they handle almost everything in the house to make it run smoothly. When this is the case, moms often let their own health, including their dental health, go. They often put off those appointments, or do not care for their teeth as they should.
Busy Moms: The Problems We See
There are several problems that your dentist in Walnut Creek sees with busy moms when they do come into the office for their dental checkups. These problems include:
- Cavities that are not treated
- Improper brushing techniques
- They are not flossing
- Their teeth are often discolored from teas or coffee
These are all problems that can be corrected with the help of a dentist. However, a busy mom can make this easier on herself through taking care of herself. While her main goal may be to care for the family, she must remember that her dental health is just as important.
Tips for Busy Moms and their Teeth
While there are several tips that we can offer moms for their teeth health, there are three main tips to remember. These tips:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day. Many moms are guilty of not brushing their teeth as much as they should. Why? They are devoting themselves to the care of others.
- Watch what you eat! It is so easy for moms to have a bad diet as they may simply snack on the leftovers that the kids have left, they may grab some sugar more than they should as they need a little pick me up. Watch you eat is going to dictate your dental health!
- Always have your teeth cleaned by professionals when this is scheduled. Your dentist can provide a deeper clean to get those things that you may miss, and catch any problems before it goes into even more issues!
Moms, we get it, you have a busy day. However, do not forget that to provide the best care for your family, you too must feel great. Your dentist in Walnut Creek is just one of those people who can help you to be your best! Give us a call today to schedule your visit by reaching us at (925) 937-9017.